Most likely community pharmacy, (Industry), hospital pharmacy and research.
Length of training periods
2 weeks to 3 months
Available months and cities
We are participating in Summer SEP 2021.
Placements will most likely be between June and September in Zurich, Basel, Bern (German speaking) or Geneva, Lausanne (French speaking). Italian-speaking cities on request.
Most likely host families or student residences.
Board, pocket money or other financial benefits/remuneration
Placements are usually free of payment, but this can vary depending on the offer. Switzerland is expensive in general.
English is mandatory. Official languages in Switzerland are German, French, Italian and Romansh. Depending on where you are placed, one of them would be "nice to have".
- A minimum of 2 years of study is recommended.
- Health and accident insurance covering costs in Switzerland is required. If the insurance in your home country does not cover the costs, a Swiss insurance has to be taken out.
Information on Work Permits and Visa
- Work permit is mandatory but will be requested by the employer.
- The visa depends on the country of origin. For Schengen countries, no visa is usually required, an identity card or passport is sufficient. (For further information, see "Overview of ID and visa provisions according to nationality" in documents)
At the moment, people from risk countries who are not EU/EFTA/UK citizens are not allowed to enter the country. People who come from a risk country but have such a citizenship have to quarantine for 10 days after arrival. The quarantine cannot be skipped or shortened due to a negative test result or when vaccinated.
More information and the list of risk countries can be found here:
The SEO selects the AF's that he/she thinks are a good match for the employer.
The host/employer makes the final decision as to who is best suited. Only students who select asep as their first choice will be considered.
- This page was updated on the 14th of January 2021