IPSF Medicine Awareness Campaign
This Year IPSF launchs Medicine Awareness Campaign (MAC) among other Public Health Campaigns. In fact, Pharmacists and Pharmacy students should be involved from the beginning to increase patient medication awareness.
M.A.C. is a very broad campaign and aims to inform about :
- Drug abuse and addictions;
- Drug side effects and adverse reactions;
- Drug interactions (Drug-Drug, Drug-food) and polypharmacy;
- Provide free, accurate data about drugs;
- Medication Adherence-involving patients in decisions about prescribed medicines and supporting adherence;
- Increase Drug awareness among special populations (i.e. the elderly, babies , etc).
Local associations should emphasis the key role of pharmacists and physicians in the drug circuit to decrease self-medication.