HIV and AIDS
In 1987, the World Health Organization (WHO) dedicated December 1st to raising awareness of HIV and the AIDS pandemic. As the International Pharmaceutical Pharmacists’ Federation, we have decided to support this project.
Did you know that?
- There are over 35 million people world wide living with HIV in 2012.
- More than 2 million people in 2012 were infected with HIV all over the world.
- Over 1 million people die each year from AIDS globally.
Because of this, it is even more important that we raise awareness among the general public about this condition.
Some ideas for your campaigns of this year:
- Raise awareness with red ribbons.
- Raise money on behalf of your local AIDS fund.
- Build a huge human red ribbon.
- Organize a charity run.
Be creative! Think outside the box and bring your ideas to life!
If you have any questions or ideas on how to improve the IPSF HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign, please do not hesitate to contact the Public Health Awareness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources from External Organizations
Remaining to the 60th IPSF World Congress 2014 - Porto, Portugal