What is IPSF?
IPSF is the International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation – one of the world’s oldest international student volunteer organisation. It was founded in London in 1949.
IPSF is the leading international advocacy organisation for pharmacy students with the aim to promote improved public health through provision of information, education, networking as well as a range of publications and professional initiatives.
Today, the Federation represents over 350,000 pharmacy students and young graduates from 84 countries worldwide.
IPSF has 5 Regional Offices:
1. African Regional Office (AfRO) – Established in 2008.
2. Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) – Established in 1999.
3. Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (EMRO) – Established in 2008.
4. European Regional Office (EuRO) – Established in 2013.
5. Pan American Regional Office (PARO) – Established in 1999.
Aims & Objectives
IPSF is the leading international advocacy organisation for pharmacy students and recently graduated pharmacists, promoting improved public health through provisworking and a range of publications and professional initiatives.
IPSF aims to:
1. Establish a permanent form of contact with representative organisations of pharmaceutical students.
2. Promote the exchange of ideas by international correspondence and by encouraging full dissemination of scientific and professional knowledge.
3. Encourage the formation and development of national pharmaceutical student organisations without trespassing upon their domains.
4. Collect opinions and information on the subject of pharmaceutical education and by suggesting improvements where necessary with the aim of attaining unification of pharmaceutical education.
5. Encourage member associations to organise annual international pharmaceutical students’ congresses.
6. Encourage and promote international visits and exchanges of students.
7. Publish the IPSF News Bulletin as an official organ.
8. Co-operate with other international organisations on a scientific, educational and cultural plane only, as the Federation is non-political.
9. Represent the opinions of pharmaceutical students in discussions with professional, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Visit the IPSF Wikipedia page here.
IPSF on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IPSForg
IPSF on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ipsforg
IPSF on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ipsforg
IPSF on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/IPSForg
For more info, visit IPSF official website.